Become a member of the Great Lakes Historical Co-Operative Society Ltd and receive membership benifits such as:
- Participation in Society activities
- Free entrance to Museum
- A regular newsletter by email or, subject to payment, by post.
- Use of research material
- Reduced photocopy charges
- $10.00………..Annual Subscription
- The encouragement of studies and research in Australian history and, more particularly, the history of the Great Lakes District.
- The collection, preservation, housing and exhibition of books, records, manuscripts, newspapers, pictures, relics and such other objects and materials of interest to such studies and researches which will be made available to the public through the museum.
- The promotion and interchange of information amongst members of the Society by lectures, readings, discussions and exhibitions.
- The printing, publishing and circulation of journals, books, papers and other similar publications.
Want to do a bit more than just be a member with the museum? A lot goes on behind the scenes in a museum that the casual visitor would be unaware of. Collections and exhibits need tender loving care, there is ongoing research, cataloguing and filing, as well as maintenance and gardening, to name but a few tasks. Without the dedicated work of volunteers none of these things would be possible. If you are interested in volunteering at the Great Lakes Museum feel free to contact us or come in and have a chat.