Section under construction
Tuncurry School (1886-1924)
The Historical Society received the donation of the first Tuncurry School building in February, 1982.
The school was originally built in 1886 in Taree Street, Tuncurry (or North Forster as it was then called). There were 30 pupils and 1 teacher, Mr. Charles Snape. By 1900......
The first Police Station in Tuncurry was situated on the corner of Manning and Wallis Streets. In February, 1952, it was moved to a house on the corner of Manning and South Streets. In December, 1956, it was again moved to the corner of South and Peel Streets.
In February, 1992, the Historical Society received a donation of a Southern Cross Windmill from the Mead Family farm at Darawank.
By February, 1993, the windmill was installed along with a new water storage tank and began pumping out water for the lawns......
Site built, maintained and hosted by Jason Manewell @ Great Lakes Online
Copyright c Great Lakes Museum 2023